From the Media Centre
On Thursday, July 21, 2016, former boilermaker Clem Côté passed away from mesothelioma – a deadly cancer caused by asbestos. His family, including daughter Michelle Côté, live with the possibility that they may have been exposed to asbestos second-hand.
Asbestos is the leading cause of work-related death in Canada, accounting for over 2,000 deaths each year. Canadian unions are working hard to win a ban on asbestos, to make workplaces and public spaces safer for all.
Want to know where to go?
Visit our Buy Union page!